Rowan Lightning is an authorized representative and installer of ERICO products from Pentair, a world leader in lightning protection. Lightning protection, grounding, equipotential bonding and surge protection are all interdependent disciplines and the focus of the ERICO brand of facility electrical protection products from Pentair. Reliable protection of structures, industrial and commercial operations and personnel demands a systematic and comprehensive approach to minimizing threats.
Particularly at Risk:
- Television, radio and telecommunications stations
- High rise buildings – commercial and apartment complexes
- Transport – airports, shipping, rail etc.
- Universities, education facilities
- Historic structures
- Churches, Mosques, etc.
- Military installations
- Golf courses, race courses, sports stadiums, etc.
- Farms and food storage areas
- Buildings containing computers and electronics
- Power stations
- Sub-stations and transformer stations
- Oil and gas storage and refinery
- Drilling rigs
- Grain storage
- Explosives factories and storage areas
- Flammable liquid or chemical storage
- Factories such as chemical, textile, rubber, sugar, glass, paint, etc.
- Mining areas
Critical Factors to be Considered:
- What is the risk to personnel?
- What is the risk of equipment or structural damage?
- What are the consequential problems of such failure?
- Is the equipment associated with an essential/public service?
- Is there likely to be substantial revenue loss in the time taken to restore services?
- Is the structure of historical importance?
- What are the legal implications of providing inadequate protection?
- Can the passage of a discharge in a structure or a building give rise to side flashing or simple sparks in an explosive or flammable environment? i.e: The extraction and storage of gas or oil, storage and manufacture of explosives, etc.
- Can side flashing between metallic structures (as in a ship) cause damage to essential electronics?
- Will the discharge give rise to corona phenomena causing disastrous surges on the phase wires of electric lines or breakdown in transformer stations?
The Six Interdependent Disciplines that form the Protection Plan are:
- Capture the lightning strike
- Convey this energy to ground
- Dissipate the energy into the grounding system
- Bond all ground points together
- Protect incoming AC power feeders
- Protect low-voltage data/telecommunications circuits
Call Rowan Lightning, today, to receive a comprehensive assessment and quote.
Or, complete this form: